Saturday, May 7, 2011

Teacher's Appreciation Week - Easy Gift Idea


Not sure if I should even bother posting this since Teacher Appreciation Week is about over.  I actually had no idea that the first week of May recognized teachers and their hard work.  Little Muon hadn't been attending a daycare until this past week.  I struggled with sending her to a traditional daycare when I first had her and opted to have a family member take care of her instead.  She's fast approaching her 3rd birthday and hubby and I realized that we had to get her into a more traditional daycare environment to (a) prepare her for Kindergarten and (b) develop her socializing skills with other kids.

Here she is with hubby on "our" first day.


This was before the tears and screaming.  It was a traumatic day for Taylor, mom and dad!  By the 3rd day, she had completely adjusted and drop offs were fast and easy (with no crying or vomitting)!  I really credit the teachers for helping her adapt so quickly and making the experience as easy as possible.

When I found out it was Teacher's Appreciation Week, I knew it was a perfect opportunity to thank the kind teachers and director for making our first week as stress-less as possible.

My first thought was chocolate and coffee!  I came up with this easy and inexpensive gift idea:


I went with a green and red color theme.  Supplies and cost breakdown:

1)  Chinese Take-Out box (Walmart in the party supply dept).  Comes with 4 boxes.
Cost = $1.50

2)  A BIG bag of mini-chocolate treats.
Cost = $7.50

3)  Shredded paper made as basket stuffers (Walmart in the crafting dept).
Cost = $1.00

4)  Red ribbon (not pictured)
Cost = $1.50

5)  Dunkin Donut Gift Cards.
Cost = Four $5 gift cards ($20.00)

6)  Glue Dots (not pictured)
Costs = $0 since I already had them

7)  Cardstock (not pictured)
Costs = $0 since I already had them

Total Cost = Less then $8 per teacher.  Not too bad!


I filled the bottom of the take out box with shredded paper.  This was only because I was worried that I wouldn't have enough candy.  Turned out I had plenty of candy, but since I already bought the shredded paper, I used it anyway.  Then topped it off with lots of candy!


I wrapped the red and white polka dot ribbon around the box two different ways; (1)  across the box and (2)   up and down the box with a bow on top.


I was able to use some awesome free printables available in blogland to decorate the box.  "Anything But Perfect" had these fun Teacher Appreciation circles.  I used my 3 inch circle cutter and used glue dots to stick them over the ribbon on one side of the box.




For the other side, I printed out a Teacher Appreciation Card from Paper Box Press.  I cut the card the same size as the gift card.  Using glue dots, stuck the gift card inside the top half of the card and wrote a little thank you note on the bottom half.

I punched two holes at the top of the card and added more ribbon for embellishment.  Again, using glue dots, I stuck the thank you card to the other side of the box.


Finally, I used Good Gravy's polka dot gift tags and tied it to the top of the box with more ribbon.


And then I was done!




Couldn't you totally see using this idea as a goodie bag for a birthday party or for some of your favorite Moms for Mother's Day!

And because I was late in posting this for Teacher's Appreciation Week, here are some cool Mother's Day printables that you could reuse for this idea.

Good Gravy

Whisker Graphics

Embellish

1 comments:

pakistan gift said...

Awesome collections of color and very nice easy gift you given this post,thanks for shearing this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...