Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easy Magnet Board Idea

I've been meaning to post this for a while and finally getting around to it.  If your kid(s) are anything like Little Muon, she LOVES to be in the kitchen when I'm cooking.  She gets under my feet which could potentially be dangerous.  What better way to occupy her then magnets!  Unfortunately, my appliances are stainless steel so magnets don't stick AT ALL to stainless steel.

So for a long time, this is where Little Muon played with her magnets.


Yup, that's the side of the fridge.  The very small part that sticks out far enough for her.  It wasn't working.  The space was too small and cramped and I'd usually find magnets all over the floor rather then on the fridge. Plus, every time I opened the fridge, she would have to move out of the way or the door would hit her.

I was on Facebook looking at some of my FB friends photos when I saw one with a magnet board stuck to the side of a kitchen cabinet.  Well, why didn't I think of that!

During a trip to one of my favorite place on Earth, I picked up this Spontan magnet board for only $12.99!

And voila, we have this!

  

I used Command Strips to attach the magnet board to the cabinets.  That way, we could remove it without damaging the cabinet.  I had a bucket from the dollar bin at Target laying around, so I used that to contain the magnets.  I used the Command Hooks to keep the bucket in easy reach. 


And now Little Muon has her own space where she can safely play with her magnets, while still being in the kitchen with me!


My next project, this awesome alphabet magnet tutorial from NiceGirlNotes.  Much nicer then those cheap plastic ones.

Aren't they cute?

[images from NiceGirlNotes.com]



NiceGirlNotes came up with this idea to prevent this from happening:


I had to include her cartoon drawing because this happens to me ALL.THE.TIME! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I have the identical fridge situation. I am doing this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...