Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Address Book Clean Up!

Real quick post since I really should be in bed resting from this horrible sinus infection; nothing worse then being 25 weeks pregnant and sick!

The big and NEVER ENDING project of our laundry/home office reno is still going on.  Feels like I'm never going to get done before this baby comes.  Plus, there are so many other projects on my "TO DO" list.  My personal goal for 2011 was to get organized, well actually BACK to being organized and clutter free the house.  Before Little Muon, I was an organized fanatic!  Funny how a 7 lb 11 oz baby throws your world into chaos and next thing you know, you are closer to being labeled a "hoarder" rather then "organized"!

Before I become TOTALLY overwhelmed with the never ending list of projects, I thought this would be a quick and easy one!

How many of you have address books that look like this?  M.E.S.S.Y right?

For obvious privacy concerns, I blurred out personal information. So, no, my address book isn't filled with smudges!


My dear friend Stacy has moved THREE times in the past few years!  Every time she does, I cross out the old address and write in the new one in the next entry box.  Not only has Stacy taken up more then half the page, but my address book was starting to look like a doodle pad! 

I came across a blog that presented a solution to this dilemma, so this isn't something I came up on my own.  I can't seem to find the link to the post, so if you know it, please email me so I can give credit where credit is due!

Since I like the binder my address book came in, I didn't want to go out and buy a new one.  I got lucky and found this at Target and on clearance!

I just popped out the old pages and popped in the new ones.


Ahhh.... much better!

Next I used some Easy Peel Address Labels from Avery and used Microsoft Word to mail merge all my addresses onto the labels.  If you don't know how to mail merge, you can simply type in the addresses using the Label feature in MS Word (mail merge tutorial potentially in the future I think)!  I had already created a mail merge data source for my Christmas Cards a while back (which is essentially everyone in my address book) and leads me to wonder why I never thought of this before!

Print, peel and stick.  Now my address book looks like this:


 Now if Stacy moves again, I can simply create a new label for her and stick it on top of the existing one.  No more crossing out old addresses!  Well, what do you think?  Easy enough?  Are you ready to go clean up your address book too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...