Friday, February 4, 2011

Kid Friendly Recipe: Ice Cream Cake

Taylor loves helping me cook in the kitchen. So tonight, we made an easy Ice Cream Cake together!  My friend Kelly from It's All About Priorities originally featured this on her post "Cooking Frenzy".

We had so much fun making this and wanted to share this yummy and fast dish with you.



Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients:
1 box of 12 ice cream sandwiches, any variety (you will use 11 sandwiches)
1 container of Cool Whip
Candy topping of your choice (or crushed cookies, or sliced fruit)

1)  Using an 8-inch square pan, put one layer of ice cream sandwiches down .  We used Cookies and Cream sandwiches.  *The size of the cake varies depending on the size of your ice cream sandwiches*


You may have to break the sandwiches to get the perfect fit.


2)  Spread with a layer of Cool Whip. 


Resist licking the spoon!


3)  Sprinkle with your choice of topping.  We used chocolate chips since that's what we had on hand.
I love the intense look on her face, like she's concentrating really hard!


4)  Repeat steps 1 thru 3, creating a second layer. 


5)  Cover with plastic wrap, then foil.  Freeze and enjoy for later!


You can be as creative as you want to be.  For example, I could have used crushed Oreos to go with the Cookies and Cream sandwiches. Kelly used Neapolitan sandwiches (vanilla, strawberry, and banana ice cream).  You can also add fruit toppings like sliced strawberries or bananas as well. 

After a long day of work, I really enjoyed spending some special quality time with my baby girl.  Thanks Kelly for sharing this delicious recipe.  I hope you guys have as much fun as we did making this! 

I'm linking this recipe to the following Recipe Link Party:

10 comments:

Diana said...

OMG that looks sooo yummy!! I love ice cream sandwiches but can't remember the last time I had them! Taylor is so cute. I miss her!! Hope she hasn't forgotten about her Aunty Vi!

Kelly said...

awesome! glad you had fun making it!

Tammilee said...

Hi
I am a new follower from the blog hop
I blog at www.tammileetips.com
I hope you stop by and visit.
Tammilee

pezgirl said...

yum! you should have brought that over last nite!!

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Yum! Looks good.

I just found your blog through the Boost My Blog Friday Hop! Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

I would enjoys this as much as the kiddos!!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

The cake looks so good! Your daughter is so precious! Congrats on the new arrival! I am a follower! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That sounds really good, and EASY! Your daughter is adorable. :)

Prairie Patch said...

Yummy! We made something similar for our birthdays last month. We added lots of Oreos. Yummmmm...can't wait to make it again.

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I make one like this except it has chocolate pudding, oreo cookies and fudge ice cream topping with it too. It is always a huge hit. I like how simple you have made it so next time my son pesters about the cake I can throw one together like this! Thank you for sharing
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...