Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surprise Bridal Shower - Part 2: The Food Table

Wanted to share with you some more photos of Yung's Bridal Shower.  As you can tell, alot of my planning went into planning and designing The Dessert Table.  To keep me from literally pulling my hair out from stress, I decided to keep everything else low key.  So that I wasn't spending even more time in the kitchen, I made the shower a potluck.  The guests really came thru and had some delicious and wonderful dishes to share.

I had a table cloth I had bought from Ikea two summer ago just sitting in storage waiting to be used.  I finally had the opportunity to break it out.

I made these "Martha Stewart" inspired poms from this tutorial.  I made them in two different sizes.  Smaller greens ones for the dessert table and larger blue and green ones for the food table.  Here's a tip, buy the tissue paper from Walmart.  They have a good selection of colors and they're only $1 or $2 per pack (depending on the color).  Much cheaper then Michaels and better colors then what the Dollar Store had to offer. I wish I could have hung the poms from the ceiling, but they were really HIGH and I didn't feel like falling that day!  I got the blue paper lanterns at Micheals in the summer clearance section for .49 cents each.  Can't beat that!

My sister found these adorable sea shell place card holders on clearance at Michaels as well.  They were perfect for the food labels and fit with the "beach" theme.  Oh and do you spy the blue buckets I reused from Taylor's 2nd birthday and Easter party?  And those blue bowls in the pic above were also from Little Muon's 2nd birthday.  I love being able to reuse supplies from other parties!

One last shot of The Food Table. 




































Thanks again ladies for all the yummy dishes you brought to share!

1 comments:

Diana said...

Phuong, I loooove love love your ideas for parties. And the colors are so vibrant and happy. I need to get ideas from you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...