Saturday, May 29, 2010

Look Back Saturday: Water Baby Playdate

Happy Memorial Day weekend!  Let's take the time to remember all the men and women who have fallen protecting our freedom and way of life.  The hubby served in the U.S. Navy for 8 years and I am proud and thankful for his service to our country.

Well, it's the 3rd posting in my "Look Back Saturday" series.  This picture was taken May 31, 2009.  Believe it or not, I didn't have a photo from May 29.


Taylor and I hosted a water playdate with some close friends.  The kids were still pretty young, so I opted for a little splash pad and water table instead of a baby pool.  They kids had so much fun!  Here is Taylor and her friend Cameron.  Cameron is about 6 weeks younger then Taylor, but he's much bigger and taller.  When I look back at this picture it makes me think of a child's innoncence.    This is a hard post for me to write because it makes me worry what kind of world she is going to have to grow up in.  Let's face it, today's world forces kids to grow up faster then they should and I know that I can't protect her from everything.  I just hope that I raise her with good values so that she can make good decisions on her own.  Guess that's the best any parent can do.  Sorry for keeping this post short, like I said, this is a hard one for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...