Saturday, May 15, 2010

Look Back Saturday: Miss Sassy


Since Taylor's been born, I've made sure that I've taken atleast one picture a week of her.  I know, a little excessive, but pictures can be pretty powerful.  They capture a moment in time that can evoke feelings and emotions that you may have forgotten, bring back a smile or laughter and sometimes even a few tears. 

I want to create a weekly post called "Look Back Saturday".  I know, it's not a great name, but it's a pretty basic concept; I'll post a picture of Tayls from this week LAST year and share my thoughts and feelings on what the picture is about.

Here's the first in the series:  May 17, 2009


Taylor is 11 months old here, getting ready for her first birthday in about 3 weeks.  She's been walking for about 2 months already and has become pretty good at it (even though she gets unbalanced easily).  As you can tell, she also has her two upper and two lower teeth.  I love this picture because you can really see her personality coming thru.  It's not a great shot, but she's already becoming Miss Sassy!  We were playing in the basement when I took this picture. She was walking every where and wouldn't sit still.  Several attempts were made to climb the stairs (thanks to grandma who had been teaching her this whenever we go to visit).  I should have known that once Taylor became mobile, it was no stopping her.

Taylor will be turning 2 years old in a few weeks and this picture makes me feel a little sad.  I can't believe how fast time has gone by!  She's changed so much in a year.  Physically, she is still a very petite little girl, but so rambunctious and energetic.  She loves to dance, jump, and run.  She is so incredibly loving.  When she gives me or her dad a hug, it seems like she's cradling our face in her hands and gives us the biggest, most loving embrace.  She's still very sassy and is no stranger to the time out corner!  She is constantly changing and learning every day.  She is quite the chatter box and sometimes I have to stop and ask her where she learned to say that word.  I am amazed that she can verbally interact with us now.  It makes my heart melt whenever I hear her say "I love dya". 

I love dya too Taylor!   

1 comments:

Diana said...

I love this picture of her, it's too cute! Too bad she's not little like that anymore. She's growing up too fast!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...