Thursday, May 20, 2010

Little Muon & A Big Red Truck!

When I first became pregnant, none of my close friends had kids (actually, they still don't).  I didn't think they would be able to relate to stories of sleepless nights, screaming babies and the excitement of a poopy diaper (really, i'm being serious)!  Plus, since I was new to this whole "mommy" gig, I really wanted to find a way to connect and learn from other mothers.  I googled "mommy group" and up popped Meetup.com.

Meetup is a site where you can find a network of local groups.  Are you new to the area, interested in photography, gardening, or whatever? Meetup probably has a group that's just right for you.  And no, it's not about meeting a bunch of strangers online. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. Yup, FACE TO FACE!  And that's how I found the local Mommy Groups in my area.

I've met some really great friends thru these groups and they've helped me feel not so alone in my new role as a mom.  Plus, it's a great opportunity for Taylor to interact and socialize with kids her age.  Unfortunately, these groups are usually catered to stay at home moms, but Daddy is willing to step in for me on occasions.

My Ellicott City Mommy Group hosted a visit to the firestation today.  Taylor and Daddy had a great time!  Here are some pics from today's outing:




And one last one that had me laughing.  Taylor is in this phase where she HATES getting her picture taken.  Dad blames it on us taking too many photos of her and scarring her for life from a camera!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Thanks for the website! Funny thing, I signed on and the first thing that popped up was Surfing in North County San Diego! So I signed up. Let's see what happens...

Those pics are too cute.

pezgirl said...

love the last pic! you can never have too many photos...but now we have to hide the camera in a teddy bear or other object

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...