Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blessed

I am so blessed with such a wonderful family.  This includes extended family as well.  As financially ready as you try to be, you don't realize how expensive kids are until you have one.  When it came time to look for daycare, I knew it would be as much as my monthly mortgage!  Thank goodness for my Aunt Lan who recommended her sister in law.  Taylor has practically grown up with Co Nga and sees her as her Grandmother #2.  She is tripley spoiled between my family, daddy's family and Co Nga's family.  I am truly thankful that my daughter has so many people in her life that love her.  Wanted to share a post from Lynn (Co Nga's daughter) about Taylor.  It made me want to cry! 

Here's a snippet of the post:

Drove about 40 minutes to get home and it was all worth it!! I love Taylor. She excitedly ran to the door with a big smile on her face and screaming. (Brings back memories of grandma...not the screaming lol, but grandma would always be at the door when I came home from school and greet me with a big hug. =) ) Walked in the house, didn't even take my shoes off yet and she had her arms up for me to pick her up...so I did. And out of nowhere, she gives me a kiss. How can you not love her? She followed me around, tried to put on my heels and walk, and when I stood still she'd come by and hug my leg. I didn't want to leave, but I had to get to class. She gave me a kiss before I left, and wouldn't let my mom hold her. She just held onto me and wouldn't let go. haha. When I did leave, she blew kisses from the door. Taylor made my day. No matter what happened I was content. Had a smile on my face all the way back to school and home and kept me going for the remainder of the week. (Wish she was here right now so I could squish her!)

Oh how the simple things can be so great! We sometimes forget, but the small things and simple gestures are often the most meaningful things.

What are some small simple things in life that are most meaningful to you?

1 comments:

pezgirl said...

awwww...loved her snippet.
aside from loving family & friends and ofcourse spending time with Tayls- I discovered that there is no better feeling than showering in a freshly clean & super scrubbed tub! ahhh...clean...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...