Thursday, July 24, 2008

Delivering Taylor

I still can't believe I'm a mommy! Taylor Thi-Muon arrived on June 6, 2008 at 9:24pm, weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz.

She wasn't due until June 16th, so I was at work the day she was born. I had been cramping for a few days, but thought they were simply my braxton-hicks contractions acting up. I was feeling extremely crampy that day, but didn't think anything of it because they were pretty steady and not increasing pain wise. Finally after lunch, I called Fred and told him I was going to call the OB just to see what they were going to say. When I went in for my appointment after lunch, I thought they were simply going to send me home and tell me to rest.

When the doctor told me I was 6 cm and was in labor, I was totally dazed and asked "What does that mean?" She responded, "You're going to the hospital!" I asked her if I could drive myself to the hospital and she looked at me like I was crazy. My frazzled girlfriend, Tina, came to pick me up at the doctor's office and we met Fred at the hospital.

Giving birth was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life! It was exhausting work. No wonder they call it LABOR. The OB pumped pitosin into me and my contractions came in waves. Stronger and faster. By 8 centimeters, I couldn't take it any more and opted for an epidural. The epidural had to be administered twice and it still didn't take full effect b/c I felt everything! After 2.5 hours of pushing, I had my baby girl and I was officially a mommy! Life was about to change!


Taylor 5 minutes old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...